- Simple Circuits - Students are introduced to the concept of circuits through exploration of simple circuit blocks.
- ScribbleBots - Students will design their own scribblebots using dry erase markers, old K-cups, DC motors, and anything else they can find in PIRL Terrace.
- BristleBots - Students will make and test out bristle bots using toothbrushes, vibration motors and coin cell batteries.
- Hovercrafts - Students will build tiny hover crafts from old CDs and balloons.
- Spin Art - Using old computer fans, students will create small spin art machines.
- Automata - Using cardboard, foam and wood dowels, students will build an automata.
- 2D Design and Laser Cut - Students will design a simple vector image to print out on the laser cutter.
- 3D Design and Print - Students will design a simple object and print out on the 3D printers.
I'm looking forward to this different approach to making. Although the activities in this class aren't as open-ended as Creator's Studio personal projects, they still allow for a great deal of tinkering, iteration, creativity and collaboration. More details to follow in the coming weeks.