- The Boe-Bot projects are advancing, one has already programmed the robot to navigate on the ground.
- An RC car project is waiting for a chassis. However, prior to its arrival the student is working on Arduino and has already programmed two servo motors to move simultaneously. He borrowed some code from the Boe-Bot project, and adjusted it to work with an Arduino Motor Shield.
- The light cube projects are going well. One will use an Arduino so that code can drive the color of the light that gets produced from the RGB LEDs.
- The trebuchet projects are moving quickly now that they have the materials to cut and test out. Today we even discussed the possibility of integrating some technology, like an arduino or RC driven trigger.
- The RC boat groups will need to test some prototype boats to see what materials work best. One group wants to use a plastic bin, another student is building his own prototype out of some acrylic material we have here in class.
- Soldering has become a solid tool for a couple of projects here.
Overall a very productive week. Here are some photos of the students in action.